December 4, 2017
This poinsettia is 3 inches tall. Incredible! And it looks so perfect with my red kitchen. I rarely buy a poinsettia because thy are poisonous to my cat. But this one is so small I keep it up high out of her reach (sounds like a child…haha)
Nothing says Christmas like the poinsettia. Its bright red color has had people call it the “lobster flower” It is not poisonous to people but the sappy milk inside the stem can cause skin irritations to people with a latex allergies. And I know this because I struggle with this. Another fact about the flower- in Mexico the poinsettia is a perennial shrub that will grow 10-15 feet tall. I need to go to Mexico again to see that!